When you begin a Candida cleanse, yeast and pathogenic bacteria in your body begin to die. As they die, they release toxins that can create something called a die-off reaction. Instead of simply accepting this as part of the process, there are 4 critical steps you can take to counteract and even eliminate die-off symptoms altogether.
What is Candida Die Off? And is it inevitable?
Die-off is shorthand for a Herxheimer reaction (Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction). This term was coined by Karl Herxheimer to explain what he saw when he administered drugs to patients. The reaction is thought to happen when toxins from dying pathogens (viruses, bacteria, parasites, Candida, etc.) overwhelm the body’s ability to clear them out. People often report flu-like or cold-like symptoms.
These endotoxins overwhelm the body’s detox system and cause symptoms like:
- Feeling hungover without drinking
- Brain Fog
- Muscle Aches & flu-like symptoms
- Skin Rashes
- Excess Mucus Production
- Increased GI Problems (diarrhea, constipation, etc.)
What’s actually going on
Yeast die-off is one of the worst. In fact, over 79 different toxins are released by yeast when it dies off. This is why people with yeast overgrowth often feel so lousy when Candida toxins are regularly entering their bloodstream. One of them, acetaldehyde (the breakdown product of alcohol that causes hangovers), is in such high amounts in people with chronic yeast problems that you may actually end up feeling “drunk” or “flulike!”
Acetaldehyde also reacts with the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is why people with yeast overgrowth often experience mental and emotional disturbances such as anxiety, depression, poor concentration, and brain food.
But are die-off symptoms an inevitable part of healing? The answer is no. This is a myth. Instead, I invite you to use these symptoms as a signal that your detox pathways are overwhelmed and need immediate support. The more supported and healthy your detox system is, the fewer die-off symptoms you will experience.
Ways to counteract/eliminate “die off” symptoms:
Generally, die-off symptoms subside within 5-7 days. However, I have heard of them lasting for weeks because the people suffering from them weren’t informed about what the symptoms signified and had no strategies to counteract them.
Don’t be one of them!
To that end, here are 4 steps you can counteract die-off symptoms and expel toxins faster & with ease.
Incorporate supportive detox strategies and supplements to help the body eliminate toxins as the yeast starts to die off. Remember, die-off symptoms are caused not just by yeast, but by the body’s inability to clear them quickly and efficiently. Click here for the strategies. Sign up to get the detox tips and strategies sent straight to your inbox.
Invigorate and support your detox pathways by providing your body with natural substances that support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification.
- ACZ nano Zeolite Extra Strength Is one of my favorites because it doesn’t bind to minerals. You can find it here>
- Chlorella is another of my favorite binder to add in.
- 14 Day Detox Kit (Vegan)
- 14 Day Detox Kit (Collagen)
These supplements provide all the nutrients necessary to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification.
Foods to support and maintain healthy detox pathways.
- Sulfur Rich foods help flush toxins from tissue and fat stores with:
- cruciferous veggies
2. Astringents & pectin compounds draw toxins from fat and other tissue.
- green tea
3. Soluble fiber bind toxins to help flush and eliminate them from the body.
- Chia seed
- gluten-free grains
- Arbonne fiber
4. Bioflavonoid, carotenes, & fat-soluble antioxidants help neutralize free radicals.
5. A full range of macro and micronutrients & amino acids repair cell damage caused by circulating toxins.
Before adding in anti-fungals, starve yeast of its fuel sources for 7-14 days.
- Sugar, all grains, vinegar, alcohol, starchy carbs and moderate/high sugar fruits and even mushrooms should be completely removed from your diet. This is imperative because even the smallest amount of these foods can cause yeast to proliferate. Download your Candida Cleanse food list HERE.
A coffee enema can also be used often used in conjunction with the Candida treatment program because it physically removes yeast and toxins from the bowel. This can alleviate die-off symptoms and create lasting relief including improved energy & mental clarity, decreased bloating and gas, and even clearer skin. Click HERE to download directions.]]
Wanting support and guidance in a small group setting? Join Keri Brooks, LIVE for 8 weeks, and get the step-by-step guidance and exact protocols she used to help hundreds of one-on-one clients beat candida, SIBO, and stomach acid imbalances for good.
Starts November 1st, 2022