Vegan Tuscan Kale Salad
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- ½ garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ⅛ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
- Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon (scant ¼ cup or ~50ml)
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Divide ingredients among 5 mason jars.
- Trim the bottom few inches off the kale stems and discard. Slice the kale into ¾-inch ribbons. You should have 4 to 5 cups.
- Place the kale in a large bowl.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a knife, pound or mince the garlic and ¼ teaspoon of salt into a paste.
- Transfer the garlic to a small bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, pinch of salt, pepper flakes, and black pepper and whisk to combine.
- Start with dressing then layer: dressing, Kale, pine nuts
- When ready to eat, shake, then pour into a bow