Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Sippers
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- ¼-1/2 tsp. turmeric
- ¾- 1 tsp. coconut palm sugar or liquid stevia
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom (or a few cardamom pods)
- 1 pinch of powdered ginger or small piece of peeled ginger root
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1 dash of black pepper or black peppercorns
- 1 pinch of cloves (if desired)
- 1 pinch of allspice (if desired) strainer or sieve
- Heat the milk on the stove. When milk becomes warm, add turmeric powder. Stir slowly to dissolve any lumps. The liquid will take on a rich, mustard color.
- Add the honey, ginger root, vanilla and spices.
- Keep the pot on gentle heat for a few minutes.
- Pour the milk through a fine sieve to remove the ginger root, cardamom and pepper. (The turmeric can be a bit grainy, too.)
- Enjoy! All ingredients can be adjusted for individual tastes!