Green Apple Salad Dressing
Here is a great salad dressing that is citrus-free and vinegar-free. The tart apple adds the needed zing to balance the oil. Those of you who are not on the elimination diet will enjoy it too. I made this for dinner tonight and drizzled it over mixed organic greens, sliced avocado, and toasted pumpkin seeds. I am sure you could make a more elaborate salad and make a meal out of it. You can add as much or as little ginger as you like. If you add too much though, the dressing could become a little bitter. Enjoy!
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Dressings
- 1 green apple, cored (Granny Smith)
- ½ cup filtered water
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender or Vita-Mix and blend until very smooth and creamy. Add salt to taste and blend again.
- Source: Whole Life Nutrition