Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
Sweet and savory. Promises to be a crowd pleaser! Can make these 2 days ahead of time.
Author: Keri Brooks
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8-10 slices nitrate free, organic bacon, sliced thin
- 24 pitted, medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Soak toothpick in a cup of water, to prevent them from burning.
- Cut bacon into thirds crosswise.
- Lay the bacon onto a baking tray lined with foil and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, just until the bacon starts to brown but is NOT yet crispy. Pull from the oven and let cool.
- While the bacon is cooking, Sprinkle date with a tiny pinch of salt onto date, then stuff a little piece of goat cheese into the middle of the fig.
- Wrap each date with bacon so that you start by covering the date opening to prevent the cheese from leaking out.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick. These can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- To serve, heat your oven to 450°F and roast the figs in the oven for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven, transfer to a paper towel to drain and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.