Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes and is always a HUGE hit!
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: Gluten Free - Paleo
- ½ pound nitrate free/organic bacon
- 10-15 Medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Optional- for your dairy free guests, you can skip the cheese and add an almond inside the date instead.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lay the bacon onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, just until the bacon starts to brown but is NOT yet crispy. Pull from the oven and let cool.
- While the bacon is cooking, remove the pits from the dates without breaking them in half. Then squeeze a little goat cheese inside the date.
- Cut the bacon in half and then wrap each date with bacon . Secure the bacon to the date with a toothpick. These can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- To serve, heat your oven to 450°F and roast the dates in the oven for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.