Sweet Potato Kale Breakfast Hash
Recipe type: Vegetarian or Paleo
- 1 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 - 3 cups frozen kale (recommended) or fresh kale
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. organic Coconut Oil
- Add ¼ lb of ground turkey.
- Will need to increase cumin and paprika to 1 teaspoon.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the finely diced sweet potatoes, finely sliced shallot, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and season very generously with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add bell pepper in 1 finely diced red bell pepper if you have one (I didn't have one, but I will probably add this next time).
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- If using fresh kale, remove ribs and stems and roughly chop leaves.
- Add kale into the skillet approximately during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Taste the hash and season with additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Fry an Egg
- Divide the hash among four plates, topping each with one of sunny-side up eggs. Sprinkle the egg with some freshly ground pepper, drizzle with some Sriracha (completely optional), and enjoy immediately!
- Serving 2