Simple Asparagus Soup
Author: Designs for Health
- Asparagus Soup
- Makes 3 servings
- • 1 tablespoon (15ml) coconut oil
- • 1 onion, chopped
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 lbs (900 g) asparagus, chopped
- • 1 quart (950ml) organic chicken stock
- • Sea salt to taste
- • 1 teaspoon chives chopped for garnish
- Saute onion and garlic in a large soup pan
- Add asparagus and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer until asparagus is fork-tender, about 8 minutes depending on the size of asparagus spears.
- Pour soup into blender and puree until smooth.
- When serving sprinkle with ground pepper and chives.