Mason Jar Taco Salad
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: salad
- ◉ 1 lb. organic ground beef or turkey
- ◉ 2-3 tbsp. taco seasoning (I use Spicely Organic)
- ◉ 1 ¼ cups salsa
- ◉ 1-quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- ◉ 5 mini cucumbers, sliced
- ◉ 1 small to medium red onion, chopped
- ◉ 2 avocados, chopped or guacamole
- ◉ Juice from half of a lime
- ◉ ¼ cup cilantro
- ◉ 5 cups chopped cabbage or Romaine lettuce
- ◉ ½ tsp. sea salt
- ◉ 1 can black beans
- ◉ 11 ounce jar pickled jalapeños, drained and chopped
- ◉ Guacamole
- In a medium pan cook ground meat. Add seasoning and sea salt until no longer pink. Let taco mixture cool.
- Divide ingredients among mason jars starting with salsa, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, jalapeños, avocados, taco meat, then lettuce/cabbage and cilantro. Place lid on and close tight.
- When ready to eat, shake, then pour into a bowl and enjoy. I like adding 1 tbsp. of guacamole too.