Lemon Pepper Asparagus
Recipe type: Side
- ½ pound asparagus
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ teaspoonvkosher salt
- ½ teaspoonvfreshly ground black pepper, plus more for finishing
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Spread the asparagus and lemon slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast until the asparagus is tender but still crisp, and the lemon slices have lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the vegetables. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and a few extra grinds of black pepper, and serve.