Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
All of the taste but none of the starch! Indulge and make this a new holiday tradition!
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Paleo, gluten free, dairy free
Cuisine: Paleo, gluten free, dairy free
- 1 Organic large cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. organic butter or ghee
- ⅓ cup organic chicken stock
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt
- Optional - add bacon bits and 1 tbsp. of bacon fat in place of 1 tbsp. of butter or ghee to give it a smokey flavor.
- Break up cauliflower into florets.
- Place cauliflower, in large pot to steam.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce heat slightly. Steam until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to colander to drain.
- Place everything a large blender or food processor.
- Add butter or ghee, chicken stock and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may need to add additional chicken stock to help with the mixing process and consistency.
- Serve instead of potatoes! Delicious!
- Can be made ahead of time. Cover and keep in your fridge.
- These faux "mashed potatoes" reheat beautifully.
Herbed Mashed Cauliflower
Mashed Cauliflower- amazing recipes in place of starchy mashed potatoes
Author: Primal Palate
Recipe type: Paleo, Gluten free, Dairy free
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed, and cut into florets
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in a large pot, season with salt and pepper, and steam until soft (about 10-12 minutes).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or ghee in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and herbs until onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place steamed cauliflower into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add the sautéed onion, garlic, and herbs, along with the second tablespoon of butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, or pepper.