Artichoke Lemon Pesto with Crudité
Delicious pesto dip for veggies or to put on any pasta dish!
Recipe type: Dip or Sauce
- 12-15 artichoke hearts, cut in half (I used jarred artichokes that were in olive oil for more flavor)
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 4-5 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-5 cups of spinach (optional)
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, add a splash of fat. I like ghee and 1 minced garlic clove.
- As soon as the garlic becomes fragrant, add the halved artichokes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook until slightly browned and tender on all sides.
- Once artichokes are browned, add them to a food processor along with the walnuts, olive oil, vegetable broth, and second garlic clove.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add the parsley, basil, lemon, and salt and pepper. Puree once more until smooth.
- Taste and add more lemon and salt and pepper to your preference.