Crockpot Chicken Curry over Riced Cauliflower
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 jar Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (Native Forest is my favorite -It's BPA free)
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Any other hardy veggies you can add too- carrots, tc.
- Serve over riced cauliflower (Whole Foods & Trader Joe's freezer section)
- Can add greens like spinach 5-10 minutes before you serve.
- Turn slow cooker on. Place coconut oil, coconut milk and curry paste in your slow cooker and mix. Add chopped onion, sliced bell pepper, chicken breast and basil. Reserving some for a garnish.
- Mix and combine.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Heat cauliflower rice over medium heath with 2 tsp. coconut oil and 2 tbsp. water. Season with ¼ tsp. sea salt.
- Serve curry over cauliflower rice.
- Can keep on warm until ready to eat.